In this recipe, garlic is minced with sea salt and fresh rosemary.
- 6 or 7 red-skinned potatoes, washed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Cut the potatoes and into 1-inch chunks.
Mince the garlic with the rosemary and sea salt until the mixture is almost a paste. Set aside.
In a 14- by 9-inch baking dish, mix the olive oil and garlic paste.
Add the potatoes and coat well with the mixture.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, basting frequently with a brush, until the potatoes are golden brown.
Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.