One of the most classic and delicious Italian side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz of Traditional Egg Pappardelle Pasta;
- 1⁄2 cup dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrate;
- Extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 onions, finely diced;
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped;
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced ;
- 14 oz of Italian pork sausages, skin removed and broken up;
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds;
- Sea salt flakes;
- Black pepper;
- 1⁄2 cup white wine;
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, to serve
- Boil some water in a kettle, then pour it over the porcini mushrooms and sit for 10 minutes to rehydrate. Don’t throw away the water.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- In a fry pan (changed from frypan), heat 2 teaspoons of olive (changed from some) oil and add the onions, garlic and chilli and cook off for a few minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add the porcini mushrooms, sausage meat and fennel seeds and continue to fry (changed from cook) until cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a little of the porcini water, and reduce by half, then add the wine and cook out until again reduced by half.
- Toss the cooked pasta through the sauce and enjoy.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.