You can’t beat this classic Italian dish.
Serve the sausage with sauce and peppers over creamy polenta, with your favorite pasta, or on hoagie rolls. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 (28-ounce) cans San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 lbs. Italian sausage, cut into 8 links
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Use a blender or immersion blender to puree the tomatoes. Place in a large bowl and stir in granulated garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Line the sausages in a cast iron or oven-safe skillet. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic.
- Pour sauce over the sausage mixture. Cover and bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and stir ingredients. Cover and bake for 1 more hour. Then remove the lid and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Source and pictures DeLallo